NeuPath clinics offer care plans designed to help patients manage their pain and optimize their quality of life. Our team of pain care experts and multi-disciplinary partners collaborate with patients to create personalized treatment plans.
Dr. Hawass’ 5 Steps to Success
Dr. Hawass made chronic pain management his passion after getting involved in a car accident that left him with chronic back and knee pain. He understands your pain and how it impacts your daily living. Dr. Hawass is an expert in chronic pain management. He is committed to helping people resume an active and pain-controlled lifestyle. Dr. Mark Hawass is certified in Chronic Pain Management from the Canadian Academy of Pain Management. He has more than 25 years of clinical experience. He serves as the medical director of NeuPath Centre For Pain and Spine – Mississauga location.
- Psychological: Dr. Hawass believes that controlling anxiety, frustration, and boosting self-worth help reduce the pain level and intensity. This is the first milestone in the journey of chronic pain management.
- Food: He works with patients to find the right anti-inflammatory food and proper hydration help reduce inflammation and thus reduce pain.
- Activity: He applies the principles of functional medicine to help guide the patients with their activities of daily living. This may include simple stretches, yoga, and bodyweight exercises.
- Medical Therapy: He is committed to finding the right combination of medications for each patient with the least side effects. His ultimate goal is to reduce pain and improve function.
- Intervention Therapy: He offers the best and least invasive procedure available based on the patient’s pain and condition. The procedures that he performs are Nerve Blocks, Lidocaine infusion, and Botox.
As you navigate through the complexities of living with Chronic Pain, we can support and direct you to a variety of options and resources to help you mange your pain journey.
Psychological and Social Support
Allied Health Professionals
Educational and Support Groups
Feel empowered with your pain management
The more you self-manage, the less you rely on others. When you maximize your internal resources, you rely less on external treatments. While physicians take care of the external, the most effective treatments involve active participation from the individual. There are a surprising number of things one can do to help themselves - you have more control that you think! NeuPath will work with you to help understand the goals you wish to achieve and provide you the appropriate treatment plan that reflects this.
Conditions we treat
- Arthritis & Musculoskeletal Pain
- Back Pain
- Cervicogenic Headache
- Chronic Headaches
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Diabetic Neuropathic Pain
- Head and Neck Pain
- Motor Vehicle or Work-Related Injuries
- Myofascial Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Post-Shingles Neuropathic Pain
- Post-Surgical Pain Syndromes
- Shoulder and Arm Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Whiplash Related Injuries